Adapted from Forks over Knives Plan, my words, notations, and variation.
1 lb whole-grain pasta (I didn't have any, so this is regular farfalle pictured)
1 bunch green onion, sliced (white and light green only)
1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into pieces
2 cloves of garlic, minced
shallot pepper (or regular black pepper)
2 c. peas
1 c. vegetable broth
2 t. lemon zest (I use dried from Penzy)
2 t. lemon juice
1/3 c. chopped fresh chives
1/3 c. chopped fresh parsley
1/3 c. chopped fresh tarragon
(herb mixture is variable - use your own fresh favorites)
1/4 c. pine nuts (toasted almond slivers are a good substitute, if you can't find reasonably priced pine nuts)
1. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in a few tablespoons of water for 2 minutes, adding more water a tablespoon at a time, as needed.
3. Add asparagus and garlic. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Cook 3 minutes. Add more water as needed.
4. Stir in peas and cook 2 minutes. If using frozen peas, they should be at least mostly thawed before adding.
5. Add pasta and veggie broth than cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
6. Stir in remaining ingredients. Add more salt and pepper, if needed.