Sunday, August 17, 2014

Little Things Day 4 - Making Your Own Foaming Soap

Today's post is about making hand soap last three times longer and saving money. I'm not advocating not washing your hands. Ew. No, I'm suggesting doing things differently.

I like foaming soap. I don't know about you, but I've noticed it costs more. The refill bottle runs about a dollar more than the regular soap. In the scheme of things, that's not a lot. But what if I told you it's possible to make the regular soap last three times as long as the foaming soap, because you can make your own foaming soap? You can. It's a savings of at least $11 dollars, too. I can think of ways to spend 11 bucks (cough *more books* cough). So here's how (you're not going to believe how easy this is):


Supplies Needed:

Empty foaming soap dispenser
Measuring cup with a spout

Ingredients:

Water
Liquid hand soap

Directions:

1. Rinse dispenser to get rid of any residual soap.

2. Pour 2/3 c water into the soap dispenser. Add 1/3 c of the liquid soap.

3. Secure the pump on the bottle then gently agitate to mix the soap and water.

Viola! Foaming soap!

1 comment: