Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Brynn's Disappearing Peanut Butter Cookie

I'll admit it. I didn't used to like peanut butter cookie. I thought they were too dry. My husband loves them though. So I tweaked and played then...oh then...along came these. They are so good, they will be gone before you can--oh! already gone!

Brynn's Disappearing Peanut Butter Cookie

1/2 c butter (I use real butter but you can use margarine)
1/2 c peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1/2 c white granulated sugar
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 t vanilla extract
3/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 1/4 c flour
about a 1/2 c sugar

Note: I use my Kitchenaid stand mixer. If you don't have one, you can definitely make these without.

Preheat oven to 375.

Cream together butter and peanut butter. Mix in sugars, egg and vanilla.
The directions always say to sift together the flour, baking soda and salt but I just add them one at a time to the mixer (salt, baking soda then flour).
Once everything is well mixed, form dough into small walnut-size balls then roll in the 1/2 c sugar. Place on cookie sheets and press in crisscross patterns.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly on the tray then transfer to a rack or paper to complete cooling.

Makes 3 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment