Monday, July 30, 2012

Recipe: Rummy Gummies

They look harmless, don't they? These bears, for adults only, pack a punch. I discovered them quite by accident and they're now a favorite around here.

Here's how to make them:

1 cup gummy bears
Alcohol of your choice (Rum of all varieties works well)

Find a small closeable glass container. Pour in gummy bears.

Add alcohol until the liquid touches the bottom of the top layer of bears.

Close container and put in the refrigerator until alcohol has absorbed (or mostly absorbed - they're ready before the liquid disappears.

* I've found that the "ready" mark for the bears will vary depending on the type you use. The bears I bought at GFS took just a couple hours, while the ones I bought at Walmart took a day. Plan on 24 hours. They might be ready early, but they don't go bad.

** Don't be tempted to make a large batch unless you're having a party. A little goes a long way.

In other news, today starts my quest for the perfect buttercream recipe. I'll be making entry number one this morning. Perhaps, I'll hit it on try one and I won't need to make more. I have something very specific in mind -- an imitation of what I consider to be the best buttercream in the world, the Arnie's Bakery buttercream, but as the recipe is a secret and unavailable to the public, my quest begins...

~~Brynn

5 comments:

  1. Really need to make these for the hubby! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try this: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/special-buttercream-frosting/Detail.aspx I googled "Arnie's Bakery Buttercream Frosting Recipe." :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bron: Bet he loves them!

    Kelsey: Thx! That will be contestant #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the gummies! Perfect gift for my sister-in-law, who really needs some! :D

    ReplyDelete